Although it is famous for its pintxos, San Sebastián also enjoys high recognition in the world of sweets, mainly for the cheesecake they make at La Vina Restaurant. Located in the old town, every day they prepare more than 50 pieces.
People from all nationalities pass-through this establishment every day, trying to taste a piece of this sweet, which has become popular in recent years. If they go at night, they run the risk of being over.
The secret, they say, is in “creaminess and in a slow curdling out of the oven. ” Its ingredients are the simplest: fresh cheese, eggs, sugar, cream and a tablespoon of wheat flour or corn starch.
Dare to prepare this natural and irresistible sweet that will delight the sweet tooth.
Ingredients for eight portions
- 570 g cream cheese
- Four eggs
- 230 g of sugar
- 280 ml of liquid cream (minimum 35% fat)
- One tablespoon wheat flour
Step by step elaboration
- Weigh and gather all the ingredients in a deep and wide bowl. Beat until homogenized, using electric rods, manuals or a fork.
- Moisten a sheet of paper and wrinkle to make it malleable. I am lining with it the base and sides of a mold of 18 cm and high walls. Let the leftover stand out.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and cook in the lower part of the oven, preheated to 210 ° C, for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven when the cake is curdled and let it cool inside.
- Store in the refrigerator until the moment of consumption.
Cheesecake, water, and vermouth is something new, yes, but it is also something worth tasting, tasting, analyzing, and thereby breaking traditional molds without thereby belittling them. It is like stopping in tradition and turning to feel new sensations that are marked by new flavors, as is the case.
Dare, taste, analyze, and, above all, savor as a whole and see how it is an intake that will bring us greater pleasure. That’s what it’s about … pleasure.
- The flour brings consistency to the cake, but you can do without it and extend the baking time by five minutes. It can also be substituted for cornmeal, which makes it a cake suitable for coeliacs.
- Cream cheese and liquid cream must contain as much fat as possible. This is what makes La Viña cheesecake such a special snack.
- When not carrying cookie base and butter, like many other cheesecakes, it is essential to use vegetable paper to line the mold. This ensures that the mixture will not come out when baking, and it will be easier to unmold.
- Although this cake is delicious on its own, a few berries or red fruits make you feel great. You can serve them fresh or make a coulis with them by simmering them with a little sugar.